Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 3 -- Washington, D.C. to New York City via Philadelphia, Pa.





































“I was overwhelmed with joy when I saw all of the happy faces, then I said to myself, ‘This is exactly why I’m here’.” Aaron T.
In the beginning, I felt a little weird being around the residents at Inglis House. But later, I saw that they are just like me. They were great people that I was glad to get to know. Laura B.
It was truly a blessing to be at Inglis House. I was overwhelmed with joy as I watched the youth share God’s love through song and fellowship with the residents.
Denise V.

Day 3: The Circle of Love
Our journey began today under overcast and, thankfully, cooler skies in D.C. The bus ride to Philadelphia was calm. It began with quiet time focused on I John 2: 7-14. We are learning from our quiet time that “love is divine, not human.” This, as always, is a timely lesson on a bus trip full of, well …..humans J.
When we arrived at the Inglis House, we were overwhelmed first by the beauty of the facility. The grounds were nicely landscaped with wheelchair paths and flower gardens. It gave me such joy to see how independently the residents can live here. The concert area was more of a large open room than a sanctuary so we sat the risers at the front and the handbells along one side. When the youth stood in their places for the first song, Darrell said, “It looks like we’ve surrounded them with a circle of love.”




No comments: