Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 7-- Seguin, TX to New Orleans, LA

Tuesday is a travel day, with approximately 7 hours spent on the bus. Everyone finds plenty of ways to keep busy and entertain themselves. We enjoyed a break/lunch stop in a mall food court in Beaumont, TX. Upon arriving in New Orleans, Taylor H. met us at the hotel just in time to go to dinner. Glenn took the seniors out for a special evening while everyone else walked around the French Quarter and to the Riverwalk in search of food.

You know you are in Texas when there is a tractor on display inside the Mall instead of a car.

Daily Journals

As we walked down the colorful streets of New Orleans exploring Jackson Square and the French Quarter, I realized the cornucopia of different cultures that reside in this city. The French, the Creole, the Cajuns, and a variety of other Americans of all races were combined to make the distinct New Orleans flavor. This trip provided insight into the many different people God has created. I realized if everyone was the same, life would be stagnant and uneventful. Diversity is a gift which is brought together under the beautiful heart of God.
-Cassie H.

This was my first choir tour and I had a lot of fun. I think I’m going to keep on with choir until my senior year.
-Macy M.



1 comment:

Lynn Martin said...

We all miss you very much, and can't wait to have you back for our Sunday morning welcome home concert! You should be proud of yourselves - you have represented the choir well! Lord knows, WE are proud of you, and have been keeping your in our prayers every day. Personally, I'M COUNTING THE SECONDS UNTIL YOU ALL GET HOME!!! (and hope I get to go next year!)
Miss Lynn